[one-users] Create qcow2 volumes by default? How?

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:23:50 PDT 2012

Hi there,

Currently I'm using KVM with OpenNebula, and already made some changes to the tm to support qcow2 linked clones. It is working fine.
What I'm missing is how to make SunStone and the one cli to create new disks as qcow2.
Currently they are setup as raw, even if I set target to qcow2 on both template and datablock/os disk. That takes a lot of space (especially swap disks), and also makes my tm fail.
Can somebody provide me some guidance on how to setup OpenNebula so that all the disks, created with SunStone or the one cli, are created as qcow2?

Thanks