[one-users] a question on restricted use of context files by normal users in ONe3.2

Hyun Woo Kim hyunwoo at fnal.gov
Mon Jul 2 14:39:10 PDT 2012

I am deploying OpenNebula 3.2 and I am observing a new feature different from ONe 3.0.

When a normal user in the "users" group wants to use the "files" attribute in CONTEXT
and instantiate a new VM, we are getting the following error message;
[TemplateInstantiate] Error allocating a new virtual machine. VM Template includes a restricted attribute CONTEXT/FILES.

I know that if the normal user can belong to oneadmin group, this error does not appear.

If this is actually how ONe3.2 works, can we get around this and let normal users use CONTEXT/FILES
without having to change the user's group to oneadmin?

Thank you.
Hyunwoo