[one-users] Remus support

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon Jan 30 05:36:13 PST 2012

Hi,

OpenNebula does not support Remus management. You can read in the links
below what OpenNebula offers in terms of fault tolerance [1] and high
availability [2].

Perhaps a tight integration with Remus is not easy, because OpenNebula
assumes total control of the VM life-cycle and placement. But you might be
able to make OpenNebula tolerate this sudden live-migrations.

Drivers in OpenNebula are implemented with small scripts, you could modify
the xen drivers [3] to be aware of the Remus migrations and redirect the
actions to the new back-up host. Hooks [4] can be also used to trigger
external scripts upon some events of the VM life-cycle, and Host [5] and VM
[6] monitoring scripts can be extended to store any relevant information
you might need to use in the hooks or xen drivers.

Regards.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:ftguide
[2]
https://support.opennebula.pro/entries/20400286-opennebula-with-mysql-cluster-for-high-availability