[one-users] self-service rough edges

Hector Sanjuan hsanjuan at opennebula.org
Sun Jan 22 04:29:43 PST 2012

Hello Giovanni,

> * When creating multiple compute instances in a single action, should
> be appended to the VM name an incremental number (like with Sunstone).
> Now all the instances will have the same given name
> (http://www.opennebula.org/_media/documentation:rel3.2:selfservice:compute.png)

Actually someone in the list said that he would rather have machines named
with the exact name provided, and not with any uncontrollable suffixes,
and so, this was removed from Sunstone and not included in SelfService
(considering as well that CLI and Sunstone behaviour differed here). There
is an open ticket to deal with this issue though
(http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1030).

> * VNC non-availability: this is a KISS approach? I probably would like
> to use VNC even if I am a cloud user.

I have opened a ticket (http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1076) so we don't
forget to take this into consideration for the next release.

> * New disk image upload: the upload progress don't work with Firefox 8.0.
> * New disk image upload: firefox started eating 100% cpu after
> clicking on upload, and was unavailable for user interaction for a few
> seconds, but I imagine this is an expected behavior due to the file
> size (1 GB)?

Upload progress have always worked fine for me with FF 8 and 9 and it
doesn't show any increased CPU consumption. When upload is complete there
are some copying-operations which are disk-intensive (specially with big
images). This could cause some freezing if you are accesing sunstone at
localhost. Apart from that, I'm not sure what it could be. Is there
anything special about your SelfService setup that i can use to try to
reproduce such problems?

Thanks for the feedback, it is very appreciated when rolling out a new
component.
--
Hector Sanjuan
OpenNebula Developer