[one-users] EC2 template context customization

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Tue Jan 17 08:22:17 PST 2012

Hi Olivier,

On 11 January 2012 11:50, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou at irisa.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a look at ec2 templates to use econe.
> I wonder however how to translate my sunstone context to ec2 context:
>
> Files make use of erb_vm_info, EC2_USER_DATA="<%=
> erb_vm_info[:user_data] %>" for example.
>
> but how do we access network etc... info ?
>
> My sunstone template is like:
> CONTEXT=[
>  DNS="$NETWORK[DNS, NETWORK_ID=2]",
>  HOSTNAME="$NAME-$VMID"
>
> I want to use a variable of my network template. How can I do the same
> in templates for EC2? I cannot find such info in the doc/wiki.

You can edit the /etc/one/econe_templates/small.erb and use the same
CONTEXT syntax and this information will be used in the VMs deployed
through the EC2 interface.
http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:template#context_section

> Thanks
>
> Olivier
>
> --
>

> gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (pgp.mit.edu)
> Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438

Daniel Molina
www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula