[one-users] heterogeneous (KVM + Xen) nodes and scheduler

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Wed Jan 18 03:26:06 PST 2012

Hi,

We just did upgrade to opennebula 3.2 (from 3.0) and it works !!!
But we have problem with heterogeneous nodes support. We have some nodes
as KVM and some as Xen (mostly old hardware, not supporting KVM). When
we submit template (created with wizard in sunstone) for KVM or Xen, it
could be scheduled (depending on opennebula internal scheduler) to node
with different VM support and fails (depending on template specifics).

Is it possible and how to specify that Xen template is scheduled to Xen
nodes only and KVM template is scheduled to KVM nodes only ?

Regards, Rolandas

P.S. At least in template there is TYPE=xen or TYPE=kvm attribute.