[one-users] Authentication issues for oneadmin account

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Feb 23 05:47:57 PST 2012

Hi,

The linux and opennebula accounts are not related, and they can have
different names and passwords. Oneadmin is just the opennebula user with ID
0.

If you took the opennebula installation from someone who didn't give you
the password... then you'll have to edit the database.

Update the user_pool table entry for the user with oid 0. You have to
change the 'body' column, it contains an xml string, the PASSWORD element
stores the sha1 of the plain password.

For instance, set the PASSWORD element to the sha1 of 'abc' :
a9993e364706816aba3e25717850c26c9cd0d89d

Then you just have to use that password in sunstone, or the cli:
$ echo "oneadmin:abc" > ~/.one/one_auth

cheers
--
Carlos Martín, MSc