[one-users] multiple image repositories

João Pagaime jpsp at fccn.pt
Tue Feb 7 02:03:22 PST 2012

Hello Ruben,

thanks for the reply

couldn't make it work

for now I'm using tm_ssh, although it probably could be done, maybe with
a custom TM driver and some tweaking here and there

the situation  I'm trying  to avoid is to move around GB of traffic
between the front-end and clusters of geographic distributed
hipervisors, every time a VM starts os stops (shutdown). With 2 ou more
"sites" there's probably no perfect place for a single image repository.
The ideia was for the front-end to use images repositories "near" the
hipervisors

I'll let you know the results of any other tests, if we get around to it

It's great to hear opennebula is planned to improve on this issues with
  multiple datastores. Thanks!

bests regards,
João

Em 07-02-2012 09:32, Ruben S. Montero escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Basically, this will  work, as the SOURCE attribute is then used by
> the rest of the OpenNebula components. Let us known if you find any
> problem....
>
> This is a very timely comment, as we are now working in this feature
> for 3.4. The current Image Repo will evolve to a more complete system
> of "datastores", so you'll be able to define multiple datastores for
> your images (of multiple types SSH, sharedFS or iSCSI-LVM...)
>
> Cheers
>
> Ruben
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM, João Pagaime<jpsp at fccn.pt>  wrote:
>> Hello users,
>>
>> I would like opennebula front-end to use multiple NFS image repositories
>>
>> What's the propper way of doing this?
>>
>> one way seems to be:
>> - create the image
>> - move it to the desired location
>> - do a "oneimage update<image>" to change the SOURCE variable to the new
>> location
>>
>> I'm using  CentOS-6.0-opennebula-3.2.0-1.x86_64
>>
>> best regards,
>> João

João Pagaime
FCCN - Área de Infra-estruturas Aplicacionais
Av. do Brasil, n.º 101 - Lisboa
Telef. +351 218440100  Fax +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt

Aviso de Confidencialidade/Disclaimer
Esta mensagem é exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatário, podendo
conter informação CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgação está expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteúdo de
imediato. This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. It may
contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this message has
been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by telephone +351
218440100 and delete it immediately.