[one-users] Problem trying to netboot or CD boot

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Tue Feb 7 01:46:26 PST 2012

Hi,

Maybe for the installation you may try *without* the virtio drivers?

Also watchout for the automatic device mapping. Some versions of KVM
may have problems with gaps and multiple Buses. You can use
TARGET=hda, ... for the DISKs to override the defaults...

Good Luck

Ruben

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Michael Brown <michael at netdirect.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get my fresh install up and running and I'm running into a
> few difficulties.
>
> I'm having trouble moving any disk images (exported from RHEV KVM) into
> this environment so I'm trying to do a network or CD install.
>
> But it's always trying to boot from hard disk.
>
> Here's the latest VM I tried (onevm show):
>
> BOOT=cd
> CPU=1
> DESC="Empty VM"
> DISK=[
> BUS=virtio,
> CLONE=YES,
> DISK_ID=0,
> IMAGE=empty-os,
> IMAGE_ID=3,
> READONLY=NO,
> SAVE=NO,
> SOURCE=/var/lib/one/images/ba26125cc6b68937c1d89de6c146f463,
> TARGET=hde,
> TYPE=DISK ]
> DISK=[
> BUS=virtio,
> CLONE=YES,
> DISK_ID=1,
> IMAGE=debian-squeeze-miniinst,
> IMAGE_ID=4,
> READONLY=YES,
> SAVE=NO,
> SOURCE=/var/lib/one/images/da1f3e101b739fa3c2260bd41590a403,
> TARGET=hdc,
> TYPE=CDROM ]
> DISK=[
> DISK_ID=2,
> SIZE=1024,
> TARGET=hdd,
> TYPE=swap ]
> GRAPHICS=[
> PORT=5908,
> TYPE=vnc ]
> INPUT=[
> BUS=usb,
> TYPE=mouse ]
> MEMORY=2048
> NAME=one-8
> NIC=[
> BRIDGE=br0,
> IP=192.168.42.4,
> MAC=02:00:c0:a8:2a:04,
> NETWORK=br0,
> NETWORK_ID=1,
> VLAN=NO ]
> TEMPLATE_ID=4
> VCPU=4
> VMID=8
>

> onetemplate show empty_vm
> TEMPLATE CONTENTS
> BOOT=cd
> CPU=1
> DESC="Empty VM"
> DISK=[
> IMAGE=empty-os ]
> DISK=[
> IMAGE=debian-squeeze-miniinst,
> TYPE=cdrom ]
> DISK=[
> SIZE=1024,
> TYPE=swap ]
> GRAPHICS=[
> TYPE=vnc ]
> INPUT=[
> BUS=usb,
> TYPE=mouse ]
> MEMORY=2048
> NAME=empty_vm
> [...]

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect
OpenNebula - The Open Source Toolkit for Data Center Virtualization