[one-users] Why the sunstone-gui shows 0 running VM´s on the esxi-host which i have created over the front-end, in reality runs 4?

Tino Vazquez tinova at opennebula.org
Fri Feb 17 08:17:42 PST 2012

hi Oemer,

comments inline,

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco, MSc
Project Engineer
OpenNebula - The Open-Source Solution for Data Center Virtualization
www.OpenNebula.org | @tinova79 | @OpenNebula

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Oemer Suermen
<Oemer.Suermen at easynet.com> wrote:
> Hi Tino,
>
> we have existing esxi-host with many vm´s which runs on the hosts.
>
> I have only create one of the existing host over the front-end and this host has
> as example 4 running VM´s. These esxi-host is running over a vCenter-Server.

good

> I want all existing vCenter Server and ESXi-hosts with opennebula  centrally manage, configure, control, etc.

you can control ESXi hosts with ONE, no problem. vCenter is just
supported for livemigration

> On the esxi-hosts already run the vm's, they would created with vSphere.
>
> I thought if I add this existing esxi-host then I would see the VM´s, which runs on it.

Nope, this is not supported. You need to stop them, and relaunch them using ONE.

Regards,

-Tino