[one-users] Help with configuration openNebula 3.2 with RHEL 6.2 and VMware include to Sunstone GUI

Oemer Suermen Oemer.Suermen at easynet.com
Wed Feb 15 05:03:12 PST 2012

Hi guys,

i need help to configure the openNebula 3.2 with RHEL 6.2 OS.

I am  a little bit confused, because I cant find the VMware option in the Sunstone-Server GUI.

I can only see KVM, Xen, EC2 and Dummy. Look at the screenshot below.

[Beschreibung: cid:image001.png at 01CCEBD9.F7B979A0]

We have more than 10 ESXi-Hosts with many VM´s in our virtual network and some vCenter-Server.

Now we need a central virtualization manager and want try it with openNebula 3.2.

I have install openNebula on a RHEL 6.2 VM. I have downloaded the VMware Addon 3.0 and have it installed.

I can start the one.d, sunstone-server and many other deamons without problems.

First I can´t see the vmware option in the sunstone gui. Unfortunately I don´t know if I've done something wrong in the config files.

Second if I try to create a new host over the sunstone gui with this command

        $ onehost create <esxi-host> im_vmware vmm_vmware tm_vmware vmware

This appears in the sunstone gui and I don't understand why. Always ERROR :(

[Beschreibung: cid:image003.jpg at 01CCEBE8.51016E10]

I don´t come on at the moment and looking in vain for the error.

Maybe you can help me to solve this problem.

Tell me what you need from me to help further.

Here a short snapshot from the oned.log.

[Beschreibung: cid:image007.jpg at 01CCEBE8.51016E10]

Thank you for help.

Ömer Sürmen