[one-users] OpenNebula 3.2 Error during dependencies installation

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 1 08:11:20 PST 2012

Hi,

I've just tested this in Ubuntu 11.10 and I get the same error. It
seems that expat library version that comes with that distro is not
compatible with xmlparser gem. Fortunately this gem is optional and is
used only to speedup xmlrpc parsing. Everything will just work fine
without fine without it, but slower (client side).

We are working on some modifications to use another library to speed
up that parsing. We will provide a patch fo it as soon as we have the
new code tested.

Cheers

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Maxim Mikheev <mikhmv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I get an error during gems installations (/share/install_gems/install_gems).
> I am using Ubuntu 11.10 server.
>
> Error was already reported in this thread:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.distributed.opennebula.user/5371
>
> Last suggestion in those thread was:
>
> xmlparser needs expat-devel pacage installed to compile. install_gems
> script should install this package but anyway, can you check that it
> is installed?
>
> expat-devel is not in the ubuntu repository but libexpat1-dev was installed.
>
> Can anyone help to resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
>    Max

Javier Fontán Muiños