[one-users] contextualization with interface aliases

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Fri Dec 21 02:37:02 PST 2012

Right now there is not way of specifying network aliases. I fear you
will need an specific script to the context packages or modify the
network configuration script already provided in the packages.

I you come up with a nice solution please, tell us. It may be of use
to other people and we can add it to the package generation.

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Gary S. Cuozzo <gary at isgsoftware.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am contextualizing vms for both ubuntu 12.04 and centos 6.3 and would like
> to support multiple IP addresses per interface via interface aliasing.  For
> example:
>   eth0 - 192.168.1.1
>   eth0:1 - 192.168.1.2
>   etc.
>
> I'm currently using the context packages from ONE.  Is there a way to
> specify multiple IP's for an interface?  If so, is it done via the network
> definition in the vm template?  or in the context variables?
>
> Thanks,
> gary

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula