[one-users] Two System Datafiles in the same cluster

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Mon Dec 17 09:37:27 PST 2012

I do exactly what you reference below, use NFS for shared storage and also localfs for high performance local storage.  But, I only have 1 system datastore.  When you use shared storage such as NFS or iSCSI, the system datastore also has to be shared.  I think the system datastore is typically datastore ID 0.  That's what it is in my system as it's created by ONE.

In your case, you will need to share the system DS to each host in the cluster.  For example, I have /var/lib/one/datastores/0 NFS exported from ONE controller to each vm host and mounted there in the same place.

Then, you just use each other DS as you wish and ONE handles copying, linking, etc as needed.

Hope that makes some sense.  Read up on the storage docs, they are very good as describing all this.

gary