[one-users] Ganglia integration

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:25:44 PST 2012

Hello World,

On Friday, December 14, 2012, Olivier Sallou wrote:

> Le 12/14/12 9:32 AM, Duverne, Cyrille a écrit :
>
> Hello Olivier,
>
> Thanks for this feedback.
>
> My request wasn't clear enough, I already monitor my hosts and I see the
> OPENNEBULA-VMS-INFORMATION variable in Ganglia, but I don't know how to use
> it to provide graphs on the VM usage.
>
> Will the VM information be displayed in Sunstone ? In Ganglia ?
>
> OPENNEBULA-VMS-INFORMATION  provides global VM status information to
> opennebula. Some graphs are available in Sunstone to monitor the VM help
> with this data (when you click on your vm in suntone)
>
> If you want Ganglia monitoring of your VM, you have to setup gmond in the
> VM itself.

Or one can use Host sFlow [1] to gather CPU, RAM and network statistics.
There is a blog post [2] describing the installation procedure. Works with
Ganglia 3.2+. If you need other metrics you'd have to install gmond inside
the VM. Enjoy.

[1]: http://host-sflow.sourceforge.net/
[2]: http://blog.sflow.com/2012/01/using-ganglia-to-monitor-virtual.html