[one-users] Using sunstone for ec2 resource (Amazon)

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Tue Dec 4 02:55:45 PST 2012

Hi,

On 3 December 2012 11:28, Zeeshan Ali Shah <zashah at pdc.kth.se> wrote:
> HI,
> Is this possible to manage EC2 resource (for e.g. Amazon ) from Suntstone ? This can be call via global Admin's Secure-API/KEY but I would like to manage quota from sunstone to individual users - just like we do to core Opennebula -
>
> any hint ?

You can use a hybrid cloud deployment for this use case:
  * Add a new host that will interact with the Amazon EC2 resources
[1]. You will be able to manage this host from Sunstone
  * Define the number of running vms that each user can instantiate
using the opennebula quotas. Note that all the VMs in Amazon will be
created using the same credentials, but the owner in OpenNebula will
be the user that created it.

Cheers

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:ec2g

> Zeeshan