[one-users] Manually solving bug #1605 - VMs in CLEANUP state

Carlos Jiménez cjimenez at eneotecnologia.com
Mon Dec 17 05:11:28 PST 2012

Hi all,

I have one machine with OpenNebula 3.8 and several hosts running KVM.
Also, I have some VMs created.
The problem is that after rebooting the OpenNebula server, several VMs
are in RUNNING state but most of them are in CLEANUP state. Once in that
state, it is not possible to delete or to move them to a different state.
I've found a bug related to this issue:
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1605  but it seems that we will have to
wait up to release 4.0 to solve it.

I've tried manually deleting a VM with onevm delete ID and later
manually deleting the VM instance folder/files (logs and disk) without
success, because the VM appears again in the list of VMs with the same
CLEANUP state. Would it be possible to manually remove the affected
entries in the db and then reinstantiate the VM/template again? Any
other idea?

I would need to get those VMs up and running.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos.