[one-users] TM question about rescheduling a vm

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Tue Dec 11 11:32:42 PST 2012

Hello,
I have developed my own TM driver for a NFS based datastore using ZFS. It works well so far, except in the case of using the "onevm resched <id>" command.

The failure happens because my TM relies on pre/postmigrate scripts to mount/umount ZFS datastores on the hosts as vm's move around. In the case of the resched command, the pre/postmigrate scripts don't get called, so the vm cannot start on the target host because the disk images are not available.

In my use case, there isn't much difference between the live migration and the saveas/checkpoint way the resched works. Can the pre/postmigrate scripts be called for the resched? If not, is there some other way I can get them called so I can setup/teardown my nfs mounts?

Thanks for any help,
gary