[one-users] sunstone gui suggestion

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Thu Dec 6 16:02:27 PST 2012

Hello,
As I've been using the Sunstone GUI more and also dealing with more VM's, images, etc. in my testing, I have what I think would be a nice usability improvement, especially for smaller monitors like on my laptop. On resource screens, such as images/templates/vms, when you click an item to view the details you end up with a vertical scroll bar in the upper half of the screen. But the scroll bar scrolls the entire upper half, including the column heading and the action buttons. I think it would be more usable if the scrollbar only scrolled the table rows and not the column headings and action buttons.

The same approach could help on the bottom half of the screen where you could scroll the screen for a long log file, but still have the tabs to navigate to other info.

I find myself doing a lot of scrolling back & forth and I think this would help. What do you think?

gary