[one-users] Info on Partition and volatile disks

Duverne, Cyrille cyrille.duverne at euranova.eu
Mon Dec 3 14:12:28 PST 2012

Dear mailing list,

I always have some topics to make your brain run as fast as light :) :

- I have a base image of 3Gb of Ubuntu Server
- Depending on the request I add a volatile disk of 15 / 50 / 150 Gb
(this to avoid copying 150G each time I deploy a VM)

But since the root partition is 3G large, some users are making it
exploding without using the 15G free.

I'd like to use the free storage as hosting partition for /var, /usr,
/home.
How could I achieve this since the disk volatile and provisioned on
the fly at the deployment.

I'm trying to mv /var etc... in init.sh at startup, but it make the VM
to never start (maybe because /var/lock, /var/run aren't accessible)

I think symlinks are the best way to do this, I might be wrong.

Please help :)
Regards
CyD