[one-users] New Quick Start guide: Build a cloud based on VMware ESX with a CentOS front-end

Tino Vazquez tinova at opennebula.org
Mon Dec 3 09:30:59 PST 2012

Dear users,

In the last month we’ve been preparing a set of sandboxes, aimed to
lower the barrier for people willing to try out OpenNebula. In order
to complement this, we’ve just published a new quick start guide
describing the steps needed to set-up a pilot cloud in as little time
as possible.

This first guide is oriented to achieve a cloud formed by a cloud
front-end containing OpenNebula based on CentOS, and at least one
virtualization host based on VMware ESX hypervisor. The guide
describes step by step how to set up the infrastructure (from the
hardware and software standpoint) and install and configure OpenNebula
to achieve a pilot cloud, with the ability to launch virtual machines
and access them via VNC. Also, next steps are recommended to extend
the pilot cloud.

We take this opportunity to remind you about tomorrow's public webinar
on OpenNebula and VMware [1], where we would be happy to adress any
questions about this topic.

Regards,

The OpenNebula Team

[1] http://www.c12g.com/webinars