[one-users] SmartOS drivers

Len Weincier len at cloudafrica.net
Sat Dec 1 10:58:09 PST 2012

Hi Ruben

I have the smartos zones booting in opennebula and am trying to understand the image persistence model. Smartos likes to keep vm's local to a compute node and does not really have a good idea of shared storage. What i would like to do is have opennebula remember where the vm was deployed to, ie which host has the vm image on it, and then be able to just restart the vm on that node, bypassing the deploy / tm step. Is there an elegant way to approach this ?

Is it easy to alter the vm lifecycle within core or is that not a good idea ?

Thanks
Len