[one-users] Context variables - getting username

Nicolas AGIUS nicolas.agius at lps-it.fr
Thu Aug 30 02:10:15 PDT 2012

Hi

With this method, you have to add a NAME variable in every user template, which could become quickly boring.

I've done this in a more reliable way, and without patching or doing manual template modification, using the full xml template.

Example, in the context definiton :

CONTEXT=[

  FILES=init.sh,

  CTX_USER="$USER[TEMPLATE]"

]

And within the vm, in the init.sh script :

#!/bin/bash
source context.sh
username=$(echo $CTX_USER | base64 -d | xpath -e '/USER/NAME/text()' )

Cheers,
Nicolas AGIUS