[one-users] Question about OpenNebula / Amazon S3

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Sun Aug 26 13:56:24 PDT 2012

Hi

OpenNebula provides a complete set of features to manage VMs and its
associated storage (virtual disks). This functionality is also
provided at some extent by the Cloud API's. OpenNebula will not
implement a generic cloud storage solution like DropBox, UbuntuOne, S3
etc...

Regarding AWS API's we are currently working in completing the EBS
interface, to create, attach/detach volumes...
 for OpenNebula 3.8. And so leverage the current volume management in
OpenNebula.

Cheers

Ruben

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Jana Weschenfelder
<jana.weschenfelder at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> Regarding to your documentation, OpenNebula supports Amazon EC2.
> Is it planned that OpenNebula will support Amazon S3 sometime, too?
>
> Many thanks,
> Jana

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect