[one-users] iSCSI recipe

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Sat Aug 11 19:41:19 PDT 2012

Hello,

* Each host needs to attach to all iSCSI targets that are needed by
guests running on the host. It's not entirely clear to me if ONE handles
all that or not (assuming it does).

ONE handles this by login/logout in an iSCSI session as needed

My iSCSI setup uses a target for each virtual server, and multiple LUN's per target (if the server has multiple disks). I developed a custom driver for it. I don't know if I have a shortcoming in my driver, or maybe a config issue on ONE, but I found that ONE did NOT handle the login/logout on the host machines. It was fine for the initial setup & deployment of the vm, but live migrations did not cause my driver to initiate a login on the receiving host and a logout on the transferring host.

I ended up having to write a libvirt hook which scanned for new targets to log them in. It also rescanned all current targets to check if they had new LUN's attached to them. It works well and my vm's migrate just fine, but I would prefer to have all this handled within ONE.

What is the script that ONE calls in order to initiate the logins/logouts as vm's migrate?

Cheers,
gary