[one-users] overcommit of cpu and memory under kvm

Mark Wagner mwagner at intelius.com
Wed Aug 8 17:15:37 PDT 2012

After tracing the execution of the IM host update I found the problem.
Alas, it was my fault.

/var/lib/one/remotes/im/run_probes runs all the scripts in
/var/lib/one/remotes/im/kvm.d/ (paths translated to /var/tmp/one/... on
the hosts).

We use cfengine to manage files so there was a kvm.rb.cfsaved in
/var/lib/one/remotes/im/kvm.d/. Its output would supersede the output of
kvm.rb.

Thanks,

Mark