[one-users] Use of DS driver stat script

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Mon Aug 6 05:31:44 PDT 2012

Hello,
That's odd as I see no issues so far.

I have 2 DS & related TS drivers which currently work fine.  One is a iSCSI driver which I have tested pretty comprehensively.  It supports image create/delete/clone, live migration, etc.  I originally wrote it on v3.6.  It does not have a stat script.

The other driver is a custom one for local storage.  This one I wrote over the weekend on v3.6.  That is when I noticed the addition of the stat script in the docs.  The driver seems to function fine.  Image create/delete/clone is working, I have deployed VM's.  As it is a local storage driver, it will not be able to do live migrations.  I have not seen the stat script get called yet.

I do only deal with persistent images.  Could that be related to the reason I have not seen a need for the stat script?  I also do all the interaction so far through sunstone, but I assume that is using the one* commands under the hood.

Thanks for the reply,
gary