[one-users] overcommit of cpu and memory under kvm

Mark Wagner mwagner at intelius.com
Thu Aug 2 15:56:15 PDT 2012

On 08/02/2012 01:14 PM, Ruben S. Montero wrote:

> When you modified the scripts you must execute
>
> onehost sync
>
> to propagate the changes to the hosts. The scripts are copied next
> time the host is monitored. Maybe you are missing that part.

I've run "onehost sync". There wasn't a change. Just to be sure the
script was being executed I added "FOO=bar" to the output.

Here is "onehost show"

oneadmin at onefe1:~$ onehost show 11
HOST 11 INFORMATION
ID                    : 11
NAME                  : hpblade1-1
CLUSTER               : -
STATE                 : MONITORED
IM_MAD                : im_kvm
VM_MAD                : vmm_kvm
VN_MAD                : dummy
LAST MONITORING TIME  : 08/02 15:52:11

HOST SHARES
TOTAL MEM             : 424.4G
USED MEM (REAL)       : 6.1G
USED MEM (ALLOCATED)  : 12G
TOTAL CPU             : 21600
USED CPU (REAL)       : 2160
USED CPU (ALLOCATED)  : 1200
RUNNING VMS           : 3

MONITORING INFORMATION
ARCH="x86_64"
CPUSPEED="2933"
FOO="bar"
FREECPU="19440.0"
FREEMEMORY="387163512"
HOSTNAME="hpblade1-1"
HYPERVISOR="kvm"
MODELNAME="Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz"
NETRX="2048157672079"
NETTX="2337238135328"
TOTALCPU="21600"
TOTALMEMORY="445056984"
USEDCPU="2160.0"
USEDMEMORY="6432608"

Here is the result of running kvm.rb on the host:

oneadmin at hpblade1-1:~$ /var/tmp/one/im/kvm.d/kvm.rb
HYPERVISOR=kvm
TOTALCPU=2400
CPUSPEED=2933
TOTALMEMORY=49450776
USEDMEMORY=6428340
FREEMEMORY=43022436
FREECPU=2174.4
USEDCPU=225.6
NETRX=2052917131737
NETTX=2341806785454
FOO=bar

Could there be something preventing the one.db from being updated? Could
I flush it somehow?

Mark Wagner | mwagner at intelius.com
System Administrator | Intelius Inc.