[one-users] shutdown vm state

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu Aug 2 13:12:23 PDT 2012

Hi,

Maybe I am missing  something.

1.- SHUTDOWN is a transient state, the VM will end up in DONE, and so
-*removed from the active list* or FAIL. So, there is no action to be taken
from that state. You can delete it in case that somehow the process hangs.

2.- From FAIL you can resubmit the VM preserving any resource (IP,
image...).

3.- Once the VM is DONE you can instantiate it again using the Template
pool.

4.- The VM may reach an UNKNOWN state, this happens when OpenNebula lost
track of the VM for any reason. From that state you can start it up again,
as the images are supposed to be already in the host.

Hope now it is a bit clearer

Cheers

Ruben