[one-users] shutdown vm state

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu Aug 2 10:28:28 PDT 2012

Hi

Upon receiving the ACPI signal the VM should actually shutdown and then it
will be removed from the hypervisor active list. From there OpenNebula will
move around any persistent or save_as image. Check your guest OS for its
ACPI configuration.

There is a timeout for the shutdown operation, if the VM is still alive it
will return to RUNNING.

Cheers

Ruben

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Gary S. Cuozzo <gary at isgsoftware.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a question about the shutdown state of a vm.  Using ONE 3.6 and
> Sunstone GUI, if I click the "shutdown" button, the vm seems to do a clean
> shutdown via acpi and it stops running.  The state is indicated as
> "SHUTDOWN".  From there, the only thing I can seem to do is delete the VM.
> Any other action I attempt results in a wrong state error.
>
> What is the purpose and proper/intended use of the shutdown feature?
>
> Thanks,
> gary

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect