[one-users] Deploy VM error

Chris Mutchler chris at leibnizcreations.com
Wed Aug 29 20:20:11 PDT 2012

I am running OpenNebula on a CentOS 6.3 server with the latest packages.
I'm slowly working through the different pieces and believe I have
everything configured correctly to allocate a VM. However, the state of the
VM is 'fail' and I see the following message from the CLI:

$ onevm show 2
VIRTUAL MACHINE 2 INFORMATION
ID                  : 2
NAME                : one-2
USER                : oneadmin
GROUP               : oneadmin
STATE               : FAILED
LCM_STATE           : LCM_INIT
RESCHED             : No
START TIME          : 08/29 14:58:40
END TIME            : 08/29 14:58:45
DEPLOY ID           : -

VIRTUAL MACHINE MONITORING
NET_TX              : 0K
USED MEMORY         : 0K
NET_RX              : 0K
USED CPU            : 0

PERMISSIONS
OWNER               : um-
GROUP               : ---
OTHER               : ---

VIRTUAL MACHINE TEMPLATE
CPU="1"
DISK=[
  CLONE="YES",
  DATASTORE="default",
  DATASTORE_ID="1",
  DEV_PREFIX="hd",
  DISK_ID="0",
  DRIVER="raw",
  IMAGE="CentOS 6.3 Live",
  IMAGE_ID="1",
  READONLY="YES",
  SAVE="NO",
  SOURCE="/var/lib/one/datastores/1/886cc945c0673e8b82f53df3ddf73336",
  TARGET="hdc",
  TM_MAD="shared",
  TYPE="CDROM" ]
DISK=[
  DEV_PREFIX="hd",
  DISK_ID="1",
  SIZE="1024",
  TARGET="hda",
  TYPE="swap" ]
ERROR=[
  MESSAGE="Error deploying virtual machine: Could not create domain from
/var/lib/one//datastores/0/2/deployment.0",
  TIMESTAMP="Wed Aug 29 14:58:45 2012" ]
GRAPHIC=[
  LISTEN="192.168.1.150",
  PORT="5902",
  TYPE="vnc" ]
MEMORY="1.0"
NAME="one-2"
NIC=[
  BRIDGE="br0",
  IP="10.10.0.1",
  MAC="50:20:20:20:20:20",
  NETWORK="Private",
  NETWORK_ID="1",
  VLAN="NO" ]
VMID="2"

VIRTUAL MACHINE HISTORY
 SEQ HOST            REASON           START            TIME     PROLOG_TIME
   0 cloud           erro    08/29 14:58:43    0d 00h00m02s    0d 00h00m02s

I searched through the archive for the string "Could not create domain" and
I could not find a solution. I believe i have KVM setup correctly on the
host server (which is also the front-end), but I cannot seem to figure out
what is still broken in my setup.

When I run the command 'virsh -c qemu:///system/list' I do not receive any
errors.

The only thing I can think of is that my datastores under /var/lib/one are
symlinked over to /opt/one/datastores. I've verified everything is owned by
oneadmin user and group and believe it should be working.

Also, I can see the /var/lib/one//datastores/0/2/deployment.0 file in that
directory.

What am I missing? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
--
Chris Mutchler
chris at leibnizcreations.com