[one-users] Context variables - getting username

Jon Burger jpburger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 16:42:12 PDT 2012

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a context variable that contains the
username of the person creating the VM.  We have OpenNebula authenticating
against active directory and wish to pass the username into the VM to
create the user id locally (in the case of Linux use kerberose).

I understand I can get UserID eg $UID, and that by using $USER[TEMPLATE]
can receive a 64bit encoded XML string that contains the username, but I'd
rather not parse XML if I can help it as that feels a little dirty to me.

We have tried the obvious $USER[NAME] - which always returns null.

It may just be a bug, but before submitting I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Jon