[one-users] Random password on CONTEXT

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 04:01:54 PDT 2012

Hi there,

I would like to generate a random password for each instance, but it should be readable/available under Sunstone.
The plan is to slightly modify the virtual machine data table, and add a new column named "Service Password", or in alternative, users may look for it under the "Image Template" tab.
What I am missing is how to make the password available to both Sunstone and the instance, and how to generate it before the machine boots. Looks like the easier way would be to auto-generate it and add it to CONTEXT.
But how can I do it? Is there any hook I can use to generate a variable and add them to context, before the machine boots? Or do I have to modify the OpenNebula C core?

Thanks.