[one-users] FreeBSD 9.1B1 Context setup

Jurgen Weber jurgen.weber at theiconic.com.au
Fri Aug 10 23:17:00 PDT 2012

Team

So I have been quite successful with my new OpenNebula install,
consdering that only 2 weeks ago I only just heard of KVM. :)

I have setup a context install with Debian, squeeze and wheezy, all went
well, its ezmode.

I am trying to do the same thing with FreeBSD, it sounded at first it
should all work. I have the virtrio drives in from ports, and all of
that. Works great.

Now, I can see in dmesg the context cdrom is detected:

cd0 at ata0 bus 0 scbus0 target 1 lun 0
cd0: <QEMU QEMU DVD-ROM 1.1.> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 16.700MB/s transfers (WDMA2, ATAPI 12bytes, PIO 65534bytes)
cd0: cd present [187 x 2048 byte records]

but:

# mount -t iso9660 /dev/cd0 /mnt
mount: /dev/cd0: Operation not supported by device

Not sure where to go from here, how can i solve this? Some versions:

The guest:
  # uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd.matrix 9.1-BETA1 FreeBSD 9.1-BETA1 #0: Thu Jul 12
09:38:51 UTC 2012
root at farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
root at freebsd:/root # pkg_info | grep virt
virtio-kmod-0.234349 virtio kernel modules port for 8.[23]/9.0
The Host:
# cat /etc/debian_version
wheezy/sid
# uname -a
Linux chaos 3.2.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Thu Jun 28 09:07:26 UTC 2012 x86_64
GNU/Linux
ii  kvm 1:1.1.0+dfsg-3                       dummy transitional package
from kvm to qemu-kvm
ii  qemu-kvm 1.1.0+dfsg-3                         Full virtualization on
x86 hardware
ii  opennebula 3.4.1-3+b1                           controller which
executes the OpenNebula cluster services
ii  opennebula-common 3.4.1-3                              empty package
to create OpenNebula users and directories
ii  opennebula-sunstone 3.4.1-3                              web
interface to which executes the OpenNebula cluster services
ii  opennebula-tools 3.4.1-3                              Command-line
tools for OpenNebula Cloud
ii  ruby-opennebula 3.4.1-3                              Ruby bindings
for OpenNebula Cloud API (OCA)
ii  libvirt-bin 0.9.12-3                             programs for the
libvirt library
ii  libvirt0 0.9.12-3                             library for
interfacing with different virtualization systems
ii  python-libvirt 0.9.12-3                             libvirt Python
bindings

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jurgen