[one-users] which .deb for Ubuntu 11.04 ?

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Apr 20 03:41:39 PDT 2012

Hello Valerio,

We are only releasing pacakges for the Ubuntu LTS releases, however, we do
provide the source code of the packages in case you want to adapt them to a
non LTS Ubuntu release.

http://dev.opennebula.org/packages/opennebula-3.4.0/Ubuntu-10.04/

It looks like in your case you will only need to change the dependencies in
the debian/control file.

Cheers,
Jaime

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Valerio Schiavoni <
valerio.schiavoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> i have a server machine with ubuntu 11.04 Server.
> It seems that the .deb files distributed via the web site are not
> compatible with this version:
>
> $ sudo gdebi Ubuntu-10.04-opennebula_3.4.0-1_amd64.deb
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Building data structures... Done
> Building data structures... Done
> This package is uninstallable
> Dependency is not satisfiable: libxmlrpc-c3
>
> (same message for Ubuntu-10.04-opennebula_3.2.1-1_amd64.deb
> Ubuntu-10.04-opennebula_3.0.0-1_amd64.deb)
>
> 11.04 ships this version of the libxmlrpc-c3:
> $apt-cache search libxmlrpc-c3
> libxmlrpc-c3-0 - A lightweight RPC library based on XML and HTTP for C and
> C++
> libxmlrpc-c3-dev - A lightweight RPC library based on XML and HTTP for C
> and C++
>

> Has anyone already packaged the opennebula .deb to use this version of
> libxmlrpc ?
>

> best regards
> valerio

Jaime Melis