[one-users] Trouble setting VM's hostname

Pedro Vitti pedrovitti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:57:07 PDT 2012

Hello,

Are you sure that your init script is running at VM startup?
If so, be sure to 'source' the file context.sh that contains $HOSTNAME
definition, before running your script.

If you are using hdc as your device where the contextualization image will
be available, you can use something like this at startup:

#!/bin/sh -e

mount -t iso9660 /dev/sdc /mnt

if [ -f /mnt/context.sh ]; then
  . /mnt/init.sh
fi

umount /mnt
exit 0

Take a look at last section (EXAMPLE) here:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel3.2:cong
For opensuse init script, read this:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/15380.html

Regars,