[one-users] problem when migrating ubuntu

Carlos A. caralla at upv.es
Thu Apr 26 01:04:17 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am experiencing some problems when migrating ubuntu based VMs between
hosts. The problem appeared when trying to migrate one ubuntu 11.04
server VM. Previous versions of ubuntu (e.g. 10.04) were not affected by
this problem.

The VM is successfully deployed and it works properly. If I suspend the
VM and resume it, there is no problem. But if I migrate the VM (which
ONE translates into suspending the VM, copying the files to the
destination host and restoring the VM), the VM results useless.

There appear a lot of errors in the VM, some processes (mainly related
to network) are tainted, etc. The problem also appears when migrating a
ubuntu 12.04b.

Has anyone faced this issue? Has anyone some tip to solve it? (I have
tried to deactivate acpi as an option to the kernel, but it didn't
helped at all).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Carlos A.