[one-users] fast recovery after onevm suspend (fwd)

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Tue Apr 24 12:27:17 PDT 2012

We frequently use onevm suspend to save the state of all the virtual
machines on a VM host before we reboot the node. Only problem is, nothing
is there to tell the ntpd daemon that it should restart once the VM
resumes. It stays running through the suspend and resume but it is too far
out of time sync to bring the virtual machine back into time.  We have
also seen clock skews like this in cold migrate mode.

Has anyone come up with a hook in the resume process to send a signal to
the VM to resynchronize its clock?

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.