[one-users] OCCI server (self-service portal) and LDAP authentification

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Mon Apr 23 04:44:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

In opennebula 3.4.0 we can specify opennebula auth method in
occi-server.conf (that is not really well documented in
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:occicg), but it doesn't work,
because password is hashed with SHA1, before sending to OCCI server. If
we comment out line

password = Crypto.SHA1(password);

in one/ruby/cloud/occi/ui/public/js/login.js, then we can connect to
self-service portal with the user from LDAP.

Could OCCI really work with plain authentication (like LDAP or others)
or specification doesn't allow that ?

The same question also valid about access to EC2 service. There we
should probably create separate EC2CloudAuth module (we could not use
OpenNebulaCloudAuth) to work with LDAP or other auth method.

Regards, Rolandas Naujikas