[one-users] Deploy VM on hold state

Antonio Carlos Salzvedel Furtado Junior acsfj08 at inf.ufpr.br
Mon Apr 2 14:21:09 PDT 2012

Hello Opennebula users,

I was reading the OpenNebula documentation, and there is the following
statement about the Hold state:
"The owner has held the VM and it will not be scheduled until it is
released. It can be, however, deployed manually."

I'm trying to deploy a VM on hold, but I get the message
"[VirtualMachineDeploy] Wrong state to perform action".
Currently, I'm only being able to deploy pending VMs. I don't have a RANK
policy because I just want the manual deployment.

I'm also a bit confused because the documentation refers to this diagram:
http://opennebula.org/_detail/documentation:rel3.0:states-complete.png
It does not show that it is possible to deploy from Hold.

There is only a group of VMs that I don't want to be scheduled, so I'm
using the same template for them. If I don't hold them, will the scheduler
try to deploy?