[one-users] Dummy Authentication driver available (for Kerberos authentication and others)?

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Tue Sep 27 18:32:37 PDT 2011

Hi Graeme--

I'm not an OpenNebula developer...our organization currently
has requirements similar to yours except that for some cases
we also allow X.509 authentication.  We had to make the choice
which would be easier to implement and it was one of our developers
who contributed the code for the X.509 plugin.

The authorization/authentication of opennebula is pluggable
so as long as you add the right plugin to it.  In the case of X.509
there's one module to which the command line, sunstone, econe,
and occi all call.

One of the reasons we didn't push to do kerberos instead, is what
it would take to securely push the kerberos credentials across the web.
I'm not familiar with the details of mod_auth_kerb but hopefully it
doesn't send the kerberos password across the web in the clear.  We
have effectively kerberos authentication because we have hooked up
our kerberos server to a SLCS short lived certificate server to
make x.509 certificates based on the kerberos credential.

Steve Timm