[one-users] Opennebula 3.0 RC1 and persistent images in KVM VMs

Alberto Picón Couselo alpicon1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:52:42 PDT 2011

Hi, Fabian.

We have tested root read and write access to NFS mount in KVM worker
node and it works correctly. As you stated, when we create a persistent
image, Opennebula creates a link to the registered image in
/var/lib/{VID}/image. We are using FreeNAS 8.0 Final Release for shared
storage and it implements NFSv3.

When a new instance is deployed using a persistent image, the image
changes a quarter of a second to libvirt-bin:kvm file permissions,
instance fails to boot with "permission denied" error and persistent
image in repository changes its file permissions to root user and root
group.

When we use a non persistent image, KVM instance boots correctly cloning
the registered image to /var/lib/{VID}/image/disk.0, and it has
libvirt-bin:kvm file permissions during RUNNING state.

Please, any clue regarding this issue would be really appreciated.

Best Regards,
Alberto Picón