[one-users] Users Digest, Vol 43, Issue 32

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Wed Sep 21 09:42:55 PDT 2011

Hello Bala

On 19.09.11 18:11, bala suru wrote:
> But I'm facing the onemore problem that when I try to save the VM using the
> following command .
> onevm saveas<vm-id>  <disk-id>  <imagename>
> onevm shutdown<vm-id>

Ok, this steps are correct. Does 'onevm list' still show your VM
which you just did shutdown?

Because:

> Here is the output of oneimage show 32
> ID             : 32
> NAME           : alliswell
> TYPE           : OS
> REGISTER TIME  : 09/13 16:12:13
> PUBLIC         : No
> PERSISTENT     : No
> SOURCE         :
> /srv/cloud/one/var/images/def71f75ceab7d2fa444927b8e1588633c547422
> STATE          : rdy
> RUNNING_VMS    : 1

There is still is a VM running which does use this image. Also you
need to change some other settings, like maybe PERSISTENT (see
help of oneimage) to Yes.

> IMAGE
> TEMPLATE
> DEV_PREFIX=hd
> NAME=alliswell
> TYPE=OS

Depending on your settings during the installation of this "disk",
you probably want to change DEV_PREFIX to sd (for SCSI disk) with
the 'oneimage' command. This is a known bug of the saveas command
in 2.2.1.

> Since I'm able to save/ clone the VM , I guess there is no problem with user
> rights access to the nfs shared folder .

But your error says:
cp: cannot stat
`/srv/cloud/one/var/images/def71f75ceab7d2fa444927b8e1588633c547422':
No such file or directory"

When the VM did not shutdown properly (from OpenNeubla's point of
view), then the image is not copied/moved to the images folder.
The entry with 'oneimage list' and 'oneimage show <image_id>' is
there, but the file in you images folder is not yet.

bye
Fabian