[one-users] accessing VDC using Cloud APIs

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Sat Sep 17 15:06:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

Actually, oZones/VDC is implemented as a REST service with data formatted in
JSON so it should be pretty easy to interact with the module though anything
that talks HTTP.

We plan to provide a wrapper API for the service with bindings in JAVA and
Ruby [1]. In the meantime, you may want to take a look to the ruby client
and web app to develop apps for the OpenNebula Zones and VDCs service [2]
(Developer information for the REST API is also to be written...)

Cheers

Ruben

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/789
[2] Client File at src/ozones/Client/lib/OZonesClient.rb
     REST Service implemented at src/ozones/Server/ozones-server.rb

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Prakhar Srivastava
<prakhar.apj at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I was checking the Opennebula 2.9.80 and really liked the VDC feature. I
> wanted to know if it is possible to create VDC using Cloud APIs. I checked
> the Opennebula Java API, it seems they doesn't have support for it.
>
> Is there any other way one can create VDC except onevdc command ??
>
> Prakhar

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid