[one-users] Strange behaviour of DEFAULT_DEVICE_PREFIX and TARGET when using Xen in HVM mode

Maxence Dunnewind maxence.dunnewind at inria.fr
Thu Sep 15 02:57:22 PDT 2011

hi,

> You are right, TARGET cannot be set in the image template, but you can
> set the DEV_PREFIX, that should be enough to achieve a working
> deployment file.

I investigate more on the subject, finally the conclusion is that Xen in HVM
mode can't handle more than 4 devices, that's why it worked with xvdc or xvdd.
I tried to upgrade to Xen4 on squeeze to try with devops modules, but because of
some stupid packaging decision, I can't make it work as expected.
The last decision has been to move to paravirt on Xen3/lenny, which works
correctly, I don't have this issue anymore.

Thanks for your help,

Maxence
--
Maxence Dunnewind