[one-users] EC2 API authentication error :- User not authorized

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Tue Oct 25 02:06:22 PDT 2011

Hi,

On 25 October 2011 08:47, Bharat Bagai <bagai_bharat at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am using EC2 API for user authentication but it gives me an error: USER
> NOT AUTHORIZED. I am working on this error for last 5 days but donno able to
> understand what is the exact cause.
>
> [oneadmin at frontend etc]$ econe-describe-instances -K oneadmin -S <password>
> -U http://localhost:4567
> econe-describe-instances: User not authorized

Are you using the sha1 password instead of plain? You can retrieve
this value from the oneuser list command.

> When i change the localhost to hostname or IP Address, error still remains
> same.

If you change the hostname in the econe-server.conf you have to use
that hostname in the request.
[oneadmin at frontend etc]$ econe-describe-instances -K oneadmin -S
<sha1_password> -U http://your_hostname:4567

If your hostname is localhost:
[oneadmin at frontend etc]$ econe-describe-instances -K oneadmin -S
<sha1_password> -U http://localhost:4567

Hope this helps

--
Daniel Molina