[one-users] Stopping persistent image corruption

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Sat Oct 15 10:40:23 PDT 2011

Hello Richard

On 14.10.2011 12:19, Richard Palmer wrote:
> Ah right, makes sense. At the moment I'm still just using the VM
> templates to manage disc images and haven't got my image repository configured;
> had planned to do that when I move to 3.0 but perhaps I should get on with
> it now...

Ok, If you just assign an image located anywhere on disk to a VM,
then OpenNebula does not know, that this is a persistent image.
But it is also strange, because when you start an VM with an
image located eg. in /scratch/, then this will be copied to
VM_DIR and the VM will be started with the copy there.

For the images repository you do not need much, just a folder
which is also on the shared storage (like VM_DIR) and available
also on the cluster nodes. Create a template and then use the
'oneimage register /path/to/template'. Then in the VM template
modify the DISK entry like this:

DISK   = [ IMAGE = "<name_of_image>" ]

bye
Fabian