[one-users] Stopping persistent image corruption

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Thu Oct 13 09:01:52 PDT 2011

Hello Richard

On 13.10.2011 12:06, Richard Palmer wrote:
> 	After stupidly launching a VM using a persistent disc image twice,
> 	I'm very grateful to e2fsck for cleaning up the ensuing filesystem
> 	corruption, but wondered if there is anything I could put in the
> 	template file to tell opennebula not to allow this to happen?. Some
> 	sort of unique instance flag ?.

Strange, this should be done with this settings in the image
template (with OpenNebula 2.2.1, do not know about 3.0):

PUBLIC          = NO
PERSISTENT      = YES

Check the output of 'oneimage show <image_id>' when one VM is
running with this image, it should show this (which should lock
the image for any other VM):

# oneimage show 6
IMAGE INFORMATION
ID             : 6
NAME           : <image-name>
TYPE           : OS
REGISTER TIME  : 10/05 15:38:33
PUBLIC         : No
PERSISTENT     : Yes
SOURCE         : /path/to/<image-uniq_id>
STATE          : used
RUNNING_VMS    : 1

bye
Fabian