[one-users] OpenNebula 3.0 and libxenlight (new Xen toolstack)

Roger Pau Monné roger.pau at entel.upc.edu
Mon Oct 24 02:21:47 PDT 2011

Hello,

I've been trying to get the new Xen toolstack (libxl) to work with
OpenNebula, but I have an unusual install (my Xen Hypervisor is
installed in /usr/xen42) and my Dom0 machines are NetBSD powered. I've
changed my paths in remotes/vmm/xen/xenrc, but it seems like scripts
in remotes/im have hardcoded paths and ignore xenrc completely. Also I
was wondering why /bin/bash is used in all scripts, most Linux distros
come with bash by default, but this is not a rule, other OSes only
come with /bin/sh, and bash is installed locally (in
/usr/local/bin/bash or /usr/pkg/bin/bash), so I think all scripts
should use /bin/sh instead of /bin/bash. I will continue trying to get
this working, and post the results/changes if necessary.

Anyone had any luck in running OpenNebula using the xl toolstack?

Regards, Roger.