[one-users] Bacula and OpenNebula

Richard Palmer richard.d.palmer at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 03:45:14 PDT 2011

Dear list,

	I'm trying to write a suspend/resume script for bacula to enable
	it to backup (running) virtual machine images. I'd like to be able
	to map from a fixed server name to the dynamic vm_id, but can't see
	any obvious way to do this. Any suggestions ?

	(I had hoped running "onevm list -l id,name" might give the full
	name but it seems to be cut off at 8 characters which is a bit risky
	to match on.)

	Or perhaps the backup agent should run inside each virtual machine
	rather than backing up the vm image ?. Any advantages/disadvantages ?

regards,

Richard

--
Richard Palmer			| Centre for E-Research
				|  King's College London
richard.d.palmer at kcl.ac.uk	|
Tel: 0207 848 1973 		|